Crockpot Chicken Curry
OMG!!! We made this Crockpot Chicken Curry this weekend and it was freaking AMAZING!
1 pound boneless chicken thighs 1/2 medium onion (thinly sliced) 1 - 15 oz can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
1 cup green peas (frozen) 1 large sweet potato (peeled and diced) 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk light
1/2 cup chicken stock low sodium
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
2 Tbsp lemon juice 2 Tbsp curry powder (salt-free) 1 Tsp salt
1/2 Tsp cayenne powder (optional; if serving for kids it will be spicy)
1) In the bottom of the slow cooker, whisk together coconut milk, chicken stock, tomato sauce, curry powder, salt and cayenne.
2) Add chicken breasts, onion, chickpeas and sweet potatoes.
3) Using tongs, gently toss ingredients together to ensure evenly coated.
4) Cook on Low for 8 hours or High for 4 hours.
5) Stir in peas and lemon juice 5 minutes before serving.
Note:Serve over basmati rice, Garnish with Cilantro or enjoy as is!