Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Muffins
It’s a cold, cozy morning in late fall and your house is filled with a warm aroma of spices. Cinnamon, coconut sugar, sweet, fresh dough… fresh cinnamon roll muffins are ready in the oven!
These are gluten-free and made from clean ingredients that will fill you up without leaving you full of guilt. Here are our Cinnamon Roll Muffins!
½ cup coconut sugar
½ cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage
1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
¼ cup ghee (organic grass-fed, if possible), melted
1 large egg
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1½ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
½ cup almond flour
1½ tsp. baking powder, gluten-free
½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
3 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. reduced-fat sour cream
3 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. powdered sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Line a twelve-cup muffin pan with muffin liners and lightly coat with spray. Set aside.
3. To make muffins, place sugar, coconut milk, maple syrup, ghee, egg, cinnamon, and extract in a blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
4. Combine flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well.
5. Add flour mixture to the blender; cover. Blend until a smooth batter forms, scraping sides of the blender with a rubber spatula as needed.
6. Evenly divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
7. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, rotating the pan after 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool completely before topping with icing.
8. While muffins are baking, make the icing. Combine sour cream and powdered sugar in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Refrigerate until muffins are cool. Top each with 1 tsp. icing.
Serves 10 (about 1 muffin per serving)
Container Equivalents (per serving): 1 ½ Yellow, 1 Blue, 1 Tbsp
2B Mindset Plate It: Track it as the occasional treat!
Click HERE to get my free meal plan!