Carmelized Roasted Veggies Recipe!
There are a bajillion veggie recipes out there, with countless ways to prepare them… but oven-roasting has got to be one of the best 🤤 You’ve got that caramelized flavor, with that toasted outside… definitely a winner!
Plus, just chop up whatever veg you have, throw it on a baking sheet, and roast it all together! This makes a perfect dinner side, an amazing salad topping, a delicious addition to a lunchtime wrap; basically, roasted vegetables are a perfect meal-prep food! Here are a few tips before I share my go-to recipe.
🥕 Cut your veggies into roughly the same-sized pieces. Things that cook faster (like onion) can be a little larger, while things that take longer to get nice and toasty can be smaller (like sweet potatoes).
🥕 You’ll want to use a little bit of oil to really get the best caramelization. Plus, this helps keep the vegetables from sticking to your pan + makes clean up a breeze!
🥕 Make sure to spread out your veggies - this works best with a large baking sheet. If they’re all stacked on top of each other, they steam instead of roast and you miss out on that incredible roasted flavor.
- 8 oz carrots, cut in half lengthwise + then cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 oz beets, cut into 1¼-inch pieces
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1¼-inch pieces
- 1 medium fennel bulb, stalks trimmed, bulb cut in half lengthwise, then cut into 1¼- inch slices
- 1 medium onion, cut in half, cut into thin wedges
- 4 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2. Place carrots, beets, sweet potatoes, fennel, and onion on a large oven-proof roasting pan or baking sheet.
3. Drizzle with oil. Season with salt + pepper and mix well. Spread the vegetables in a single layer.
4. Bake, turning twice, for 40-45 minutes, or until the vegetables are brown + tender-crisp.
5. Sprinkle vegetables with parsley and toss gently to blend.
Click HERE to get my FREE meal plan & to try one of my at-home workouts!