Chicken & Dumplings Recipe!
Ok, if you’re in the mood for comfort food, this chicken + dumplings combo is going to be the perfect lunch or dinner that you can whip up in 30 minutes. Oh, and it’s meal plan approved 🙌 Let’s get into it!
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 cup chopped onion (you’ll need about 1½ medium onions)
- ½ cup chopped celery (about 1½ medium stalks)
- ½ cup chopped carrots (1 medium)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth
- 2 cups low-fat (1%) milk
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp cornstarch + 3 tbsp water (combine to make a slurry)
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder, gluten-free
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp water
1. Add the ghee to a large soup pot and heat over medium-high heat until fragrant.
2. Add the onion, celery, carrots, and garlic; cook for 5 minutes, until vegetables begin to soften.
3. Add the broth, milk, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and continue cooking while dumplings are made.
4. To make dumplings, stir together flour, salt, and baking powder in a medium mixing bowl. Add egg and water; stir until a loose dough forms.
5. Dollop tablespoon-sized lumps of dough directly into simmering soup. Cover and cook, 10 to 12 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a dumpling comes out clean.
6. Stir in cornstarch slurry and simmer, 1 minute, until soup thickens.
7. Stir in chicken, vinegar, and parsley.
8. Divide evenly among four bowls and serve immediately, or store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
This recipe makes 4 servings.
Portion Fix Containers: ½ Green, 2 Yellow, 1 Red, 1 tsp
2B Mindset Plate It: Add a salad or your favorite veggie side for a great lunch option.
Want to try my FREE MEAL PLAN? Click HERE!