Holiday Vegan Stuffing Recipe!
We want to share a recipe this week that is great to prepare for your next holiday dinner! Yes, it is nutritious, yes, it is filling and yes, IT IS YUMMY!
Let’s jump into our Vegan Stuffing!
4 cups gluten-free bread of choice (Fixate Gluten-Free Recipe is a great recipe to try!)
2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided use
2 cups sliced mushrooms (approx. 16 medium)
1 cup finely chopped onion (approx. 1¹⁄³ medium)
1 cup chopped celery (approx. 2 medium stalks)
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh sage (or 1 Tbsp. dried sage)
1 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves (or 1½ tsp. dried thyme)
1 cup chopped unsalted nuts (like almonds or walnuts)
¼ cup chopped pitted dates
¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
Fresh chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. Cut bread into 1-inch cubes. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; bake for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until evenly toasted. Set aside.
3. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over high heat until the first wisp of smoke appears. Add mushrooms; cook for 3 minutes, stirring every minute, or until lightly browned. Transfer mushrooms to a mixing bowl.
4. Reduce heat to medium; add remaining 1 Tbsp. oil. Add onion and celery; cook for 3 minutes, or until tender. Add sage and thyme and cook for another 30 seconds, or until herbs are fragrant; transfer to a bowl with mushrooms.
5. Add toasted bread, nuts, dates, salt, and pepper to bowl; toss to combine.
6. Add broth to bowl a little at a time, stirring until bread is evenly moistened but not soggy (it shouldn’t drip when lifted).
7. Lightly coat a 12 x 9-inch baking dish with spray; spread stuffing in an even layer. Cover with foil; bake for 20 minutes.
8. Uncover stuffing; bake for 10 more minutes, or until golden brown on top.
9. Garnish with parsley (if desired) and serve immediately, or store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Container Equivalents (per serving): ½ Green, 1 Yellow, 1 Blue
2B Mindset Plate It: Add protein for a lunch option or track it as the occasional treat!
Click HERE to get my free meal plan!