Cauliflower Grilled Cheese Recipe!
It's finally cooling off here in the south, so gimme all the comfort foods! How does a Cauliflower Grilled Cheese with Creamy Tomato Soup, sound for lunch? Yes, please!
FOR CAULIFLOWER GRILLED CHEESE:
Nonstick cooking spray
1 large egg
2 bags (10-oz. each) frozen cauliflower rice
Cheesecloth (or paper towels)
¼ tsp. + 1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt), divided use
½ tsp. garlic powder (optional)
½ tsp. onion powder (optional)
½ cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
FOR TOMATO SOUP:
½ tsp. coconut oil
½ medium onion, finely chopped
1 (14.5-oz.) can no-salt-added tomato puree
¼ tsp. ground paprika
¼ tsp. dried oregano
1 dash ground black pepper
¾ cup reduced-fat (0 or 2%) plain Greek yogurt
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F (205 °C).
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; lightly coat with spray.
3. To make cauliflower grilled cheese, add egg to a large mixing bowl; lightly beat.
4. Place cauliflower rice in a microwave-safe dish; microwave on high for 6 to 7 minutes. Let cool; place cauliflower in cheesecloth; twist and squeeze cloth until almost all liquid has been expressed. Add cauliflower and ¼ tsp. salt to egg; add garlic powder and onion powder (if desired). Stir to combine. Divide the cauliflower mixture evenly into 4 portions; using clean hands, form 4 “bread slices” on the prepared sheet, pressing the cauliflower mixture together.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the top is dry and edges begin to brown.
6. While cauliflower bread bakes, make tomato soup by heating oil in a medium soup pot over medium-high heat.
7. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 8 minutes, or until translucent. Add tomato puree, paprika, oregano, remaining 1 dash salt, and pepper; stir to combine. Bring to a gentle boil; remove from heat. Add yogurt; whisk to combine.
8. When cauliflower bread finishes baking, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; lightly coat with spray.
9. Place 2 cauliflower bread slices in a skillet; top each with ¼ cup cheese and remaining cauliflower bread slices. Cook for 2 minutes; flip sandwiches. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Serve each sandwich with 1 cup of tomato soup.
Container Equivalents (per serving): 1 1/2 Green, 1 Red, 1 Blue
2B Mindset Plate It: A great lunch or dinner option!
Click HERE to get my free meal plan!